Bannu Campus became operational in May 2002, in the premises of Comprehensive High School at on D.I.Khan Road. The Campus is spread over an area of 120 kanals. This campus was established to increase access to professional education in two disciplines of engineering for the people of southern K.P.K. It equips students with knowledge and skills that will enable them to thrive in the fast evolving technologies and to provide relevant training opportunities to those who choose to adopt a career in the field of electrical and civil engineering, both Departments are Accredited with PEC since 2010 and 2009 respectively. In the last three years great strides have been made towards uplift of academic standards and provision of facilities.
Civil engineering plans, designs and supervises construction of most of the facilities and systems
that are essential to modern life in both the public and private sectors. Civil engineering profession is one of the
oldest and most diverse of the engineering disciplines. Civil engineering today are devising methods and designing
facilities to cope with many of our planet's most serious problems. Faced with polluted air, decaying cities, roadways
and bridges, crowded airports and highways, polluted streams, rivers and lakes, the civil engineering is being challenged
to design solutions that are workable and cost-effective.
• Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) and Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) Bannu Campus
• Syllabus of Civil Engineering Bannu Campus
- • Department of Electrical Engineering (Accredited with PEC since 2010)
- • Department of Civil Engineering (Accredited with PEC since 2009)
- Academic Programs
- The following degree programs are offer in the Bannu Campus:
- • B.Sc. Civil Engineering
- • B.Sc. Electrical Engineering
- The Campus has laboratories in the following areas, enabling students to get a strong grasp of the theoretical knowledge gained in the classroom.
- • Concrete Laboratory
- • Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- • Geo-Technical Engineering Laboratory
- • Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- • Materials Testing and Structural Laboratory
- • Survey Laboratory
- • Transportation and highway Laboratory
- • Drawing Hall
- Computer Laboratories with facilities of LAN
- • Basic Electrical Engineering
- • Electrical Mechanics
- • Digital Electronics
- • Opto Electronics
- • Workshop
Each year practical training in the field of surveying and leveling is arranged for the students of 7th Semester for a period of three weeks which is mandatory for the award of degree. The students are trained in techniques like leveling, plane tabling, and triangulation, contouring, road and irrigation channel surveys.
Field Visits & Training
Regular field trips are arranged for the students. These visits are not restricted to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, but ranges through the whole country. Such field trips are found very helpful in broadening the vision of the students in the field of engineering. At the return from the field trips students are supposed to submit a repot to the department.
Students are also required to complete 800 hours of practical training as part of the B.Sc. Engineering degree. The practical training in the form of internship is arranged during summer vacations in any of the recognized company/organization, giving the students a chance to train in their respective fields of interest.
- • Three hostels for 296 male students
- • One hostel for 8 female students