Department of Electrical Engineering bannu Campus
Department of Electrical Engineering, UET Bannu Campus became operational in May 2002. The department was established to increase access to professional education in the field of Electrical Engineering for the people of southern KPK. The mission of the department is to augment the modern education expected of all UET undergraduates, to impart a basic understanding of electical engineering build on a foundation of physical sciences, mathematics, computing and technology, and to provide the majors in the department with the knowledge of electrical engineering principles along with the required supporting knowledge of mathematics, physics, computing and engineering fundamentals. The students are provided with an educational foundation that prepares them for leadership roles along diverse career paths in the fields concerned with Electronics, Communications, Energy & Power Systems, and Industrial Control. Presently more than 60 undergraduate students are enrolled annually. The department has produced more than 800 graduate students so far.
The growing utilization of the Electrical appliances is a decisive prerequisite for a rapid development of industry. Keeping this in view, Electrical Engineering department at Bannu Campus focuses on establishing the foundation needed to support the study and practice of Elctrical Engineering with emphasis on the graduate level. Outcone objectives from the undergraduate Electrical Engineering include:
- - Formulate problem in Electical Engineering from real life situations.
- - An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- - Conceptualize the output of Electrical Engineering problems.
- - Perform rudimentary analysis in Electrical Engineering etc.
- - Graduates will apply their electrical engineering skills to a variety of challenges in industry, academia, or in the pursuit of other fields.
- - Graduates will attain careers in which they become leaders in their chosen fields, work in multidisciplinary teams, make decisions that are socially responsible, and communicate effectively.
- - Graduates will continuously learn new concepts, identify new directions, and adapt in response to the needs of a rapidly changing world.
Faculty & Staff of Electrical Engineering Bannu Campus
- Academic Programs
- - B.Sc. Electrical Engineering (Communication)
The Department has well-equipped laboratories in the following areas
- - Computer Laboratories with high speed internet facility
- - Measurement and Instrumentation Laboratory
- - Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- - Electronics Laboratory
- - Electrical Machines Laboratory
- - Workshop
- - Digital Logic Design Laboratory
- - Communication Laboratory
- - Control Systems Laboratory
- - Microprocessor & Digital Electronics Laboratory
- - Communications & EMW Laboratory
- - Faculty Computer Laboratory
All the labs include the latest equipment that is operated by highly talented group of experts to meet the current day demands of the relevant field.